Thursday, September 20, 2012

Tofu & Kale Stir Fry

Tofu & Kale Stir Fry... Monday was one of those nights where I immediately changed into comfy clothes upon getting home from work & with the rain that quickly ensued, I had no interest in making any great efforts at ANYTHING that night. When I have no interest in making any real effort, yet I still know I need to eat a healthy hearty meal, I generally turn to a stir fry. For this reason, I usually make sure that in my fridge I have ample veggies and some sort of protein that can be made into a stir fry (ie: tofu, chicken, etc). Additionally, a bottle or two of TJ's Soyaki is always on hand and so is a box of their already cooked, frozen brown rice.

On the Menu:
Tofu, Kale & Bell Pepper stir fry over Brown Rice

I wish there was a whole lot to describe here but there isn't. I sauteed my kale and bell peppers in a bit of oil until they were slightly wilted. At the same time I crisped up some hunks of tofu in a seperate pan. I then added a liberal pour of the Soyaki into the veggie pan and let the kale & peppers steam in the sauce. Once the tofu was golden brown I added it to the veggies and gave it a toss. I let it meld together on low heat for another 10 minutes and served it over hot brown rice.










Easy as can be, and Dahlicious to boot! Hopefully I can get more inspired to create NEW dishes soon, mostly I'm on repeat mode, plus eating healthy (fish & veggies) is on my to do list for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment