Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken & Lentils

Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken & Lentils... Last night I put together a really yummy little meal that unfolded very nicely without much planning. At the grocery store this weekend I picked up a couple of chicken breasts from the butcher and also a package of prosciutto. Wasn't planning on necessarily using them together, but both seemed like good things to grab at the time.

The Chicken:
First I tenderized the breasts then I simply wrapped each one in 2 slices of prosciutto. I just made sure they were mostly covered all the way around so the chicken had a nice crispy coating while the inside stayed moist and tender. I pan roasted them on each side at a pretty high temp with plenty of oil for about 3 minutes on each side, or until they were nicely golden brown. Then I transferred the breasts to a baking sheet and popped them in the oven at 375 degrees for 15-18 minutes. This allowed the breasts to cook through fully while maintaining their juiciness.





The Veggies & Lentils:
In a large pan I sauteed 2 sliced little zucchinis with one small yellow onion and a  couple of crushed garlic cloves and  bit of salt and pepper. Once they were nice and caramelized I added my favorite TJ's lentils and gave it a mix.




This was such a simple meal and didn't take much prep yet it felt really well rounded and Dahlicious. The crispy prosciutto added a nice depth of flavor while locking in the moister of the chicken. The zucchini and onion were the perfect addition to the lentils and were super bountiful (I've got a bunch leftover for lunch!). I served it along side a light caprese salad with a little drizzle of olive oil and balsamic glaze. YUM!





No comments:

Post a Comment