In this three week span we also have have two visitors, one of which is my dad and that was a full 4 day eating extravaganza. The other my college roommate - we managed to be somewhat healthful while she was here, but it's definitely a distraction from the normal healthy routine.
All of that means that on the few days I have to make dinner and eat at home, I'm doing my best to be SUPER healthful. This chopped salad was one of those said dinners and actually seemed to be a hit with the roomie who isn't usually so keen on salads for dinner.
This one was both "light and hearty" as he actually quoted which I think speaks well to this one. It's simple and like he said, "light", however you don't walk away feeling starved.
What I used:
- Romaine - chopped into bite sizes pieces
- 1 chicken breast - cooked and shredded
- 6-8 slices salami
- handful of cherry tomatoes
- 4-6 mini sweet bell peppers chopped
- 3-4 small Persian cucumbers chopped
- fresh mozzarella balls (1/2 of a container)
- 1 avocado in hunks
- Homemade vinaigrette
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Grainy mustard
- Salt & pepper
- Dried ground oregano