Thursday, December 11, 2014

Chopped Salad

Chopped Salad... So I got home from a week of Thanksgiving gluttony and have approximately three weeks here in Chicago to get back in shape before I take on a week in Mexico over Christmas at a Culinary Villa and a whole week at home in California catching up on my mom's best dishes and some SoCal favorites.

In this three week span we also have have two visitors, one of which is my dad and that was a full 4 day eating extravaganza. The other my college roommate - we managed to be somewhat healthful while she was here, but it's definitely a distraction from the normal healthy routine.

All of that means that on the few days I have to make dinner and eat at home, I'm doing my best to be SUPER healthful. This chopped salad was one of those said dinners and actually seemed to be a hit with the roomie who isn't usually so keen on salads for dinner.

This one was both "light and hearty" as he actually quoted which I think speaks well to this one. It's simple and like he said, "light", however you don't walk away feeling starved. 

What I used:
  • Romaine - chopped into bite sizes pieces
  • 1 chicken breast - cooked and shredded
  • 6-8 slices salami
  • handful of cherry tomatoes
  • 4-6 mini sweet bell peppers chopped
  • 3-4 small Persian cucumbers chopped
  • fresh mozzarella balls (1/2 of a container)
  • 1 avocado in hunks
  • Homemade vinaigrette
The Dressing:

  • Olive Oil
  • Balsamic Vinegar
  • Grainy mustard
  • Salt & pepper
  • Dried ground oregano
Chop it all up and toss it together in a large bowl - simple as that!!!


pre toss

tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers

chicken & salami

fresh mozz & avocado

yummm


No comments:

Post a Comment