Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Playing Catch Up in 2015

Playing Catch Up in 2015... Seems like so far in 2015 I have hardly been home and my opportunities to be creative in the kitchen have been slim to none. That's not to say I haven't been eating well, however in terms of good updates on what I've made I'm ashamed to say I am way behind 2015 to date.

But to get back into the swing of things (briefly before I leave for a 5 day tropical vacation this Thursday) I'll bring you up to speed on the things I've been scarfing down this year...

Slow Cooker Chicken w/Carrots, Asparagus & Wild Rice
- In the slow cooker = chicken (on the bone), soy sauce, ketchup, honey, garlic, dried basil, carrots



Turkey Meatball Soup

Panko Herb Crusted Cod with Cauliflower & Charred Snap Peas


DC Mardi Gras - we went to a Louisiana Style Mardi Gras bash in Washington DC in January and let me tell you it was CRAYfish. Anywho we ate a lot and saw a lot. Some food for the belly and the eyes....

King & Queen of Mardi Gras

Late Night food at "The Queens Breakfast" at 11PM

Finished the weekend off with lobsta rolls & clam chowda


This time I used chorizo chicken sausage and TJs salsa



SALMON.. Lots of Salmon..


Chicken Soup & Grilled Cheese
Don't worry I used whole wheat bread and organic grass fed butter



Tofu/Kale/Sweet Potato Stir Fry

Eataly Inspired Prime Rib with mashed potatoes, creamed spinach, roasted carrots, and homemade coleslaw.

My parents force fed me this ridiculously Dahlicious but ridiculously filling meal while home earlier this month. My dad has become obsessed with the Prime Rib sando at Eataly in Chicago upon his last visit to the Windy City and has worked on recreating this dried porcini mushroom rub at home and I dare say he got it absolutely right this time.





In n Out. Enough Said.

 

Filet Mignon & Spinach

Protein & Veggies are what's on the menu again this week as I work towards this tropical vaca AKA bathing suit weather...


fancy leftovers for lunch

Breakfast for dinner: Scrambled Eggs & Avocado Toast


Pesto Roasted Chicken Breast with Asparagus


Chopped Salad & Italian Wedding Soup Sunday Lunch - takeout from Nonna's


No comments:

Post a Comment