Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Seared Tuna & Soba Noodle Salad

Seared Tuna & Soba Noodle Salad... It's summa time and the grillin's easy! We recently procured a lovely grill and honestly it's fabulous. I have zero interest in cooking anything inside anymore and I must admit my landlord/roomie is actually quite the grill master. So far he has cooked everything to perfection - and I'm picky. I like things with a char but juicy inside, I HATE overcooked meat but I also don't exactly want my food to give me a deathly illness. Anywho, among the burgers and flank steak and pizza we have also had some lighter fare, and this seared tuna was summatime on a plate.

The Tuna:
Marinated in a teryakki sauce for about 30 minutes before spending about 2 minutes on each side at a very high heat. The tuna was super high quality from Whole Foods and you could cut it with a fork it was so tender.

The Soba Noodles:
I had leftover lacinato kale which had been chiffonade (is that a major grammatical error??) as well as julienned zucchini which I wanted to incorporate into this "pasta salad" of sorts. To start I cooked the buckwheat soba noodles per the instructions, drained them and rinsed them with cold water.

While they cooled I added a bit of oil to the emptied medium sized pot I boiled the noodles in (water drained of course) and tossed around my veggies on very low heat for just a few minutes, long enough for them to soften slightly but still keep their crunch. Once done I tossed them into a large salad bowl and quickly doused them with a chilled miso soy ginger dressing and added the cooled soba noodles. I gave it all a big toss and voila!

To Serve:
Plate each dish with the soba noodle salad in the middle and then when the tuna is ready, slice each steak into 1/2 inch thick strips. Fan them out over the noodles for a beautiful display of grill marks and bright red tuna - sprinkle with sesame seeds and you've got yourself a Dahlicious gourmet dinner!

Tossing the soba noodles with the veggies and dressing

Dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment