Friday, November 16, 2012

Seared Tuna & Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad

Seared Tuna & Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad... Simple and light. That was my Tuesday night. We had a potluck planned at work on Wednesday where I knew I'd be eating a lot so I prepped with this meal. Although I will admit, I was baking some cookies for the event and may have snuck 1 or 4 after my healthy dinner (but who counts broken cookies anyways...?).

The Tuna:
Per usual I kept it simple, olive oil, lemon, lemon pepper - on the grill pan at high heat for 4 minutes on the first side, turn it down a bit and another couple min on the other side. Voila.

The Salad:
I still love the already shaved brussels in the produce section of TJ's. So dang easy and good. They have quite a crunch though so be sure to toss them in dressing before you make the rest of your meal so they have a little time to soften. I tossed mine in this TJ's balsamic that I just love in a pinch. I usually stick with olive oil, white balsamic, lemon, etc but sometimes you need a little creaminess in your life and this dressing does the trick without tons of calories. While the brussels were soaking up that yummy balsamic goodness, I got to chopping. One large ripe avocado, a handful of baby heirloom tomatoes, and a few cooked beets. I also used these ingredients for another salad this week - so handy to have around!
Undressed brussels

Yummiest dressing

BRIGHT veggies

Finished salad

The Meal:
I gave the salad a toss and piled it on my plate. I topped with with my seared tuna and dinner was served!


Dinner!

Hope this post gives some inspiration for your next dinner time salad at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment