Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Dukkah Chicken w/ Confetti rice & Zucchini

Dukkah Chicken w/ Confetti rice & Zucchini... So my mom has been using this spice combination that she gets from a local shop that sells olive oils and such, and I finally found a version of it at TJ's this past week! Turns out after we compared all the ingredients, the one she buys is a bit different from mine, but in either case the idea is that there are crushed nuts and a variety of dried herbs/spices to make a yummy crust on your protein or, as the packaging suggests, add it to a dip!

On the Menu:
Dukkah crusted chicken, with TJ's ginger & lemongrass rice, sauteed zucchini, & homemade gravy

How to:

The Chicken:
I used chicken tenders (which I used half for this meal and then half for a BBQ chicken pizza later in the week, yea it was Dahlish also). Anywho, I dredged my tenders very lightly in flour and then let them brown in a sauté pan on both sides. When I deemed the little guys golden enough I sprinkled some of the Dukkah on a plate and crusted one side of each tender. Then I placed them in a Pyrex baking dish and popped them in the oven on 275 for about 10-15 minutes.







The Gravy:
I leveraged the "drippings" from the browning process and just added some chicken stock and white wine to the hot sauté pan. I used a whisk to continually stir the flour/stock/wine combo adding a little more of each until it was the consistency I wanted. I also added a pinch of the Dukkah.



The Zucchini:
Simply sliced them in half long ways and cut small half moon pieces, then sauteed on medium/high heat with olive oil, salt, and pepper.


The Rice:
Easy peasy, just like the other ones I've posted about on here - steam for 3 minutes in the microwave per the directions. I would highly recommend trying this particular variety though, it had a yummy crunch and Dahlicious lemony gingery hint.



I would definitely recommend using this Dukkah combo and will be trying it out again later this week on some salmon fillets. Dahlish!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment