Friday, April 24, 2015

Crispy Chicken Breast, Greek Yogurt "Ranch", & Kale/Beet Salad

Crispy Chicken Breast, Greek Yogurt "Ranch", & Kale/Beet Salad... I had this plan for dinner last night that was going to be super duper healthy, you know boring old plain chicken breasts with salad. But I just couldn't bring myself to practice such cruel treatment to my taste buds so I decided to spice it up a little, at the slight expense of my waistline.

The Chicken:

What you need:
2 Chicken Breasts
2 eggs beaten
A cup or two of bread crumbs (eyeball it)
Salt/pepper/onion powder (to add flavor to your breadcrumbs if they are not already seasoned)

How to:
After tenderizing the chicken, dip each in an egg bath, then dredge in panko - twice. Next, shallow fried them in oil (I use grape seed oil) on high heat for about 2 minutes a side, then finish them in the  oven at 350 for about 25 minutes.





The Ranch (which was inspired by this recipe):

What you need:
1 clove garlic
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
3 tables spoons fresh dill
2 table spoons Parmesan cheese
6 tablespoons olive oil
Juice from half a lime
salt and pepper to taste

How to:
Add everything (except the olive oil) to a food processor or blender, or do like I did and use your immersion blender! As everything starts to blend, start drizzling in the olive oil to smooth it out. Voila!





The Salad (which was inspired by this post):

What you need:
Kale
Beets (or something else sweet like the link suggests, pomegranate)
1/3 Cup Olive oil
1/2 Cup White Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard (I used a grainy mustard)
1 1/2 teaspoon agave (or honey or something similar)
1 teaspoon sriracha
Juice from half a lime

How to:
I trust you can all whisk the above ingredients together and toss it with the kale and beets right??




No comments:

Post a Comment