Thursday, April 2, 2015

March Food Roundup

March Food Roundup... Forgive me readers for I have sinned, it's been 28 days since my last post. I have been traveling almost every weekend and gobbling down Dahlicious things along the way. In between those travels I've been in the kitchen whipping up a few new things and few oldies that I'd like to share today, so get ready to feast your eyes....

March 14 - Laguna Beach California
A 10 day trip back home for work, fam time, and beach time!!! Also to nosh on my favorites...

Lunchtime Bowls at Active Culture

LB Rice Bowl which consists of Organic brown rice, prosciutto, goat’s milk cheese, apples, citrus, dates, basil.

Bountiful Bowl which consists of Greek yogurt, organic açaí, organic granola, flaxseeds, bananas, blueberries, strawberries, raw and organic agave nectar




Afternoon Tacos at Taco Loco

This was THE high school spot to stop at on the side of PCH to sit on a bar stool on the sidewalk and inhale a few tacos. They are the best.


Brunch at Anastasia

My favorite breakfast in California is the Eggs Ana 



March 16/17/18/19/23/24 - Back Home in Chi Town

Homemade Souped up Chicken & Salad

On the Menu that night was prosciutto wrapped chicken with a big arugula, roasted cherry tomato and burrtata salad. 



Carryout Ramen from Sushi Dokku

Is it just Chicago or is Ramen THE dish of 2015 everywhere? I cannot get enough, the more I eat it the more I crave it. Luckily we have a few really great options nearby including my FAV Sushi spot in Chi town which happens to be very close to our abode



Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs, Sweet Potato Fries & Brussels

I think it's pretty clear why this dinner is a fan favorite in our house. The slow cooker is so easy to make fall off the bone perfect ribs, and oven roasted thin slices of sweet potato adds a nice little crunchy but healthful side.



Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala with zucchini over Cauliflower Rice topped with Crispy Chickpeas

That was a mouthful! And super Dahlicious, yet simple. I let a few chicken breasts shred away in the slow cooker with a jar of tikka masala sauce and served it over cauli rice (which I chopped up in my vitamix and then roasted lightly in the oven). The zucchini was sauteed with a little oil, salt and pepper, and the crispy chick peas were roasted in the oven at 425 for about 20 minutes until golden and...well, crispy! I rinsed and drained a can of them then drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper and voila. So easy and such a nice addition (PS the idea came from Dinner a Love Story although she actually pan fries them).





Homemade Ground Beef Enchiladas

I'll admit straight up these were only OKAY. I wasn't really sure how to go about them (fry or not fry the tortillas first) and I think the big issue here was that I tried to be fancy and use these whole wheat tortillas from Whole Foods and it was just odd. So again they were OK but I'll modify next time.







Spinach Ravioli with Salmon & Spinach in Vodka Sauce

This was really a meal I assembled as opposed to made. I did roast the salmon and boil the pasta but otherwise it was pretty much a big toss. Voila!




March 29 - NYC Eats

I flew to Manhattan last weekend on a whim to visit some girlfriends and breath in the most electric city I know. It was a quick 36 hours in and out but well worth it, even just for THIS meal. I don't know about you guys but I follow like 58 million food instagram accounts (which means I am constantly drooling and constantly remembering places I need to try). So when we were looking for a spot to carbo load on Saturday for a lunch I knew the spot high on my list, as documented on many NYC food insta accounts as being delectable... enter Rubirosa in Nolita.  We had a pretty solid order for 3 people consisting of: a simple arugula salad, a bowl of spaghetti carbonara, the Tie Die pizza (vodka sauce & pesto & fresh mozz), and their brunch pizza topped with bacon and yolky eggs. Please do yourself a favor and go next time you're there.






I came back from NY feeling like an elephant and have been trying to be good this week, which didn't work out well on Monday when I decided not to work out and grab a burger instead. OOPS! 

We are headed to ATL this weekend and I have about 5 reservations tomorrow night because I cannot make up my mind!! Of course I've been on a bender all week stalking ATL food insta accounts.... here are a few I screen shotted because I couldn't help myself. Enjoy these Dahlicious mouthwatering pics yall!!











No comments:

Post a Comment