Friday, April 10, 2015

Tofu, Bok Choy, & Shrimp/Avocado Handrolls

Tofu, Bok Choy, & Shrimp/Avocado Handrolls... This was supposed to be world's most boring dinner of tofu & bok choy but as the impending meal was upon me I just couldn't even think about choking it down and feeling satisfied. I'm on a super low calorie kick right now, continuing in theory through May, but we'll see how that one goes. So when I started to think about what other things I could eat that would fill me up, be fun to make, and also be pretty low from a caloric intake standpoint - these handrolls came to mind. I stopped by Whole Foods on my way home and grabbed:

1 package organic nori
6 fresh shrimp
1 bunch cilantro
1 avocado
1 package Persian cucumbers

They were pretty easy to make and pretty darn good. I started by marinating the shrimp in some lemon juice while I sliced the cukes into long thin strands of crunchiness. I quickly grilled the shrimp, just a minute or two on each side, then got to building my rolls.








The first one I tried with a full sheet of nori but it ended up being quite large and the finished role had to be cut in half...  so for the other two I started by cutting the nori sheet in half first. I laid the nori out on a cutting board, then pilled on some cucumbers slices, 2 shrimp, a few sprigs of cilantro, and some hunks of avocado - then gave it a quick roll and VOILA!

I dipped them in a little mix of soy sauce and sriracha after sprinkling them with a few sesame seeds and called it a night. Simple as that.

For the tofu, I lightly crisped the cubes I'd cut in grape-seed oil and grilled my bok choy over the stove top in my grill pan. This whole meal took like 15 minutes (mainly for the chopping) and felt very well rounded.

Now that I've been so good all week I think I deserve to indulge in some Dahliciousness this week - right???






No comments:

Post a Comment