Monday, June 29, 2015

Grilled Tofu/Zucchini Lettuce Wraps w/ Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce

Grilled Tofu/Zucchini Lettuce Wraps w/ Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce... It's a short week for me and I am doing everything I can do eat light after a weekend of stuffing my face and the 4th coming up. Summer is hard man! I feel like I can't find inspiration to cook because the evenings are so beautiful I want to be sitting out at a lovely restaurant dining al fresco or I'm running to a later in the night workout class and trying to grab a quick bite on my way home. Seems that those dark winter months were more inspiring to this wanabe chef. Anywho, I am trying this week to make at least 3 healthful, new meals. So here goes night one.....

What I used for the Wraps:

  • Firm Tofu (I like these sprouted Tofu pack's from TJ's I used one half of the 2 pack)
  • 2 Zucchinis (there were leftovers)
  • 5 lettuce cups (got mine from TJ's)
  • Fresh Mint
  • Fresh Basil
  • Fresh Cilantro


What I used for the Sauce:(which was way more than I needed, cut this in half for 1 person)
1/2 cup chunky peanut or almond butter

  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon sriracha
  • 1 cloves minced garlic
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice
  • 1/4 cup warm water


For the sauce just whisk all of those ingredients together, I topped mine with some sesame seeds at the end.

For the wraps, simply slice your tofu and zucchini into wrap sized pieces and grill for a few minutes over high heat. Layer them into your rinsed lettuce cups (note I had to rinse and pat dry my lettuce cups before using) and then add on your herbs. I just tore up a combo of the mint, basil, and cilantro and sprinkled over the top of each wrap. Then dig in!!

This meal literally took 10 minutes max - it was super light and super flavorful!! Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment