Thursday, October 25, 2012

Balsamic Chicken Breasts w/Kale & Caprese

Balsamic Chicken Breasts w/Kale & Caprese.. Another easy meal for one. Or two! I actually made enough for two, because sometimes that's easier, and brought the leftovers for lunch. I think that is the very definition of killing two birds with one stone. Not only was I pleased with that shortcut, but I also had time, whilst my chickies marinated, to get tomorrow's lunch ready last night as well! I know, I know - I'm a tad bit of a planning freak so if you aren't the same way don't worry that you won't be able to accomplish making dinners & lunches. You can do it even if you aren't a planner. You just have to have some good go to's. For instance, cooking extra chicken breasts and veggies is a good go to for me in terms of creating lunch while creating dinner. Or making sure you always have diced veggies on hand for salads. Or better yet buy a couple of TJ's premade soups near the chilled pasta section and bring one of those for lunch.

Now that my lunch rant is over, let's get back to dinner. This meal took all of 16 minutes. Minus the marinating of the chicken which I let go for about 30 minutes, but you could do it the night before, the morning before etc. It was healthful, simple, and totally satisfying.

The Chicken:
I marinated the breast in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, crushed dried oregano for about 30 minutes. Then I placed them on a baking sheet lined with foil and popped them in the preheated oven on broil for approximately 8 minutes on each side. Voila!

The Kale:
I just did a simple saute with crushed garlic, olive oil, salt and pep! So simple, so Dahlicious.

The Caprese:
Large slices of perfectly ripe tomato alternating with equally as large slices of fresh mozz, drizzled with olive oil and a bit of balsamic - perfection. Add some fresh basil if you've got it!



Enjoy your week of eating, and remember, it helps to plan but if you just have some basics and some fresh ingredients on hand it's not that hard to make a nice well rounded meal for yourself - and perhaps even for lunch too!



No comments:

Post a Comment