Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Weeknight Staple: Tuna & Veggies

Weeknight Staple: Tuna & Veggies.. I'd say at least once a week I make some sort of seared or broiled tuna with veggies. It's quick and healthy & it's definitely one of my go to's. This week my tuna/veggie night happened on Monday and it was even simpler than usual. I had a few things on hand that needed to be used up and so, my simple little meal was born.

On the Menu:
Lemon Broiled Tuna Steaks w/sauteed kale & mushrooms

The Tuna:
Last night I broiled the tuna, mostly because I wasn't in the mood to clean the grill pan (when I broil it I just place the tuna on aluminum foil which I use to cover a cookie sheet - so the clean up is simply throwing out the foil!). I drizzled olive oil over both sides of the tuna steaks, along with a few big squeezes of lemon as well as salt & pepper. I popped it in the oven on the top rack, and let it broil for 4 minutes on each side. This cooked my tuna almost all the way through, with a slightly pink/raw center. Cook for 5/6 minutes on each side if you want it well done, and 3 minutes on each side for a rare center. It was flavorful and healthy and easy as can be.

Kale & 'shrooms:
In a large saute pan I simply sauteed the mushrooms in garlic, olive oil, salt & pepper. I let that go on medium/low heat for a few minutes and then added my kale. I let it all saute on medium heat while my tuna was in the oven and voila! Dinner was ready in approximately 15 minutes. Super easy meal. Very little prep besides slicing the mushrooms and dressing the tuna.

Sorry there aren't more pics, but it was that simple!!!

Hope everyone had a Dahlicious Monday night dinner to start their week off right!

No comments:

Post a Comment