Friday, June 28, 2013

Sriracha Salmon & Mint Lime Lentils

Sriracha Salmon & Mint Lime Lentils... I make a lot of salmon and veggies, and occasionally I throw lentils in there. This was a similar dish to one I make often but with a slight twist.

The lentils are already cooked and are a great addition to any meal - I get them at TJ's and couldn't be a bigger fan. You can heat them up or use them cold in a salad. For this particular meal I heated them up, added a tiny drizzle of grape seed oil, a big squeeze of lime, and a few chopped up mint leaves.

This accompanied a bunch of roasted brussels which were smokey and crispy and salmon marinated in lime, lemon pepper, and a quick little drizzle of sriracha to heat it up!

It was so easy and Dahlicious. The brussels go in the oven at 375 for ~45 minutes and the Salmon goes in there with the Brussels for the last 15 minutes that they cook.

The lentils take ~3 minutes to heat up, then tossing them with the mint and lime just takes a second right before serving.



The next night I made a low cal version of spaghetti and meatballs.. aka spaghetti squash and shrimp - I can't say this is a perfect replacement, but it satisfied a certain craving and I felt extremely light even after downing a pretty generous portion!





No comments:

Post a Comment