Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Easy Beef Stir Fry

Easy Beef Stir Fry... Tonight I was in the mood for a super simple, one plate meal. Easy on the prep, easy on the clean up. I decided to go with a beef and veggie stir fry, I had planned this meal for one night this week and felt tonight was just the right night for it. I really like "stir frys" and often offer up the name to anything that includes veggies and protein mixed together in some sort of Dahlicious sauce served over brown rice, short pasta, or quinoa. This particular stir fry is asian inspired.

On the Menu:
Beef & Veggie stir fry over Brown Rice

The Stir Fry:

For this particular edition of the dish I cut one yellow bell pepper into a bunch of thin slices, chopped up 2 small heads of brocoli, and used a half a bag of sugar snap peas. I gave them a quick wash and sauteed them over medium/high heat until browned in a bit of olive oil. I then added a pour of Soyaki (a  bottled TJ's sauce). I let the veggies simmer in the sauce on low heat. Next I chopped up a pound of raw steak (when I lived in Dallas and shopped at Central Market I was lucky enough to have found pre marinated, pre sliced asian stir fry beef). Unfortunately there was no great solution or substitute from TJ's so as the guy re-stocking the produce section suggested, I grabbed some already cut up stew meat. I sliced the pieces into small thinner bits and gave it a quick sear in another sauté pan on high heat with olive oil. Once browned on both sides I tossed the beef in with the veggies and added a dash of TJ's General Tsao Stir Fry sauce and a few sprinkles of soy sauce. Then I let them whole mixture soak up the flavors on low heat for a few minutes. 

Stir fry veggies
Soyaki

Chop into bite sized pieces
Let it all simmer
The Brown Rice:

Three minutes before serving I popped a bag of TJ's frozen organic brown rice in the microwave and then gave it a quick fluff before serving. 

A large scoop of hot brown rice, covered in a beefy, vegetabley, tangy conglomeration of asian flavors. Make sure to add an extra drizzle of the sauce over top for added Dahliciousness!

Dinner is served!

No comments:

Post a Comment