Thursday, June 21, 2012

Perfectly Roasted Chicken at Home

Perfectly Roasted Chicken at Home... I have really perfected my chicken roasting skills in the last few months. It takes some tries to figure out the optimal time and temperature and seasoning, but I think I have found that perfect combination.


On the Menu:
Roasted Chicken breasts and thighs (skin on, bone in), with onions, fennel & brussels sprouts, along with sauteed mushrooms.


The Veggies:
Give a bunch of roastable veggies a rough chop. Leave the pieces chunky, and make sure they are similar sizes for even cooking. Onions, fennel, and brussels sprouts are what I have on hand (carrots, celery, peppers, etc would work as well), so I gave them a chop and placed them in a layer on the bottom of a pyrex baking dish. Also add a few whole peeled cloves of garlic for added flavor.

Onion, fennel, brussels



The Chicken:
Place the chicken atop the veggies in the pyrex dish (I used 2 large breasts and 4 legs). Then drizzle liberal pours of olive oil over the top of the chicken making sure to get the veggies covered as well. Lastly sprinkle a mix of lemon pepper and grill seasoning over top of the chicken. Pop the dish in the oven on 425 degrees for 45 minutes. This is my one main tip, the temperature and the timing has worked perfectly for me and I would really recommend doing it at 425 for 45 minutes blindly even if you've never done it before. Then take the chicken out and let it rest for 5 minutes or so before serving.

Seasoned chicken pre roasting

Roasted Perfection
The Mushrooms:
A bit of a random add but I had them around and was in the mood. Simply give them a chop, or buy them already sliced and sauté them in olive oil until browned. Easy as that.

Sauteed mushrooms
This meal comes out perfectly crispy on the outside (chicken and veggies) but tender and juicy as can be on the inside. The veggies will be swimming in a Dahlicious natural chicken gravy of sorts and I promise you will be delighted at the beautiful crispy salty crust on the skin.

Finished Product


No comments:

Post a Comment