Friday, August 31, 2012

BBQ Pulled Pork

BBQ Pulled Pork... Remember a couple nights ago when I made the carnitas simmered in salsa verde? And remembered I said I had extra unused pork that would go into another dish later in the week? Well last night that came true! I used the rest of the pork along with some onions to create a pulled pork BBQ dish, served up with a baked sweet potato and steamed green beans. Simple, easy as can be, and of course Dahlish.

The Pork:
I gave an onion a rough chop, leaving the pieces still pretty sizable. I let them saute until slightly browned, then I added in my shredded pork left over from the other night (this pork had not been simmered in the salsa verde, I put it aside before that part). After letting the pork crisp up and heat up just a bit, I added my TJ's BBQ Sauce and let the whole thing simmer and break down into a perfect sweet tangy porky main dish.





Along side the BBQ Pork I served up some steamed haricot vert (basically string beans) and a baked sweet potato. Not a fussy meal, but took just a tiny bit of effort. Was extremely satisfying and such a good way to use the rest of the pork I had from earlier in the week, as well as some BBQ sauce I had on hand!


Have a Dahlicious weekend yall and come back next week to see what else is being served for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment