Wednesday, August 1, 2012

New Trader Joe's Find: Cooked Potatoes


New Trader Joe's Find: Cooked Potatoes…. While on my grocery run this week, I noticed a new package sitting in the chilled veggies section that had never caught my eye before. Let me remind you that I live in downtown Chicago and my local City TJ’s is fairly small, so I generally feel as though I know all of the products they stock. In any case, this new find was intriguing. They were packaged similarly to the lentils and the beets that I find in that section, however this time it was little French potatoes. Fully cooked with nothing added. Interesting. Of course the carb lover in me convinced my better judgment to snag these bad boys and figure out something to do with them for dinner.



On the Menu:
Oven roasted salmon, olive oil smashed baby potatoes, steamed asparagus.

Super simple dinner…

1.       Salmon in olive oil, lemon, and lemon pepper in the oven at 400 for 15 minutes.

2.       Asparagus steamed on the stove top.

3.       Olive Oil Smashed Potatoes: Alls I did was take the potatoes out of the package and dry them off with a paper towel. I put them in a small pot over medium heat and added olive oil, salt, and pepper (ok fine I added a little tiny butter too). I let them heat up slowly and pretty quickly smashed them up with a fork. I let them continue to heat up and break down and they turned into a rich chunky Dahlicious smash.



Hope Yall made something Dalish this week. And I hope those of you who live near a TJ’s try out these potatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment