Thursday, August 30, 2012

Semi Joe Made: Tofu Vodka Pasta


Semi Joe Made: Tofu Vodka Pasta...I was in the mood for tofu, I was in the mood for veggies, but I just couldn't kick that hankering for some good old pasta – not to mention a creamy sauce to go with. I can’t take credit for much of the flavor in this dish, more just the mix of ingredients (though the inputs were more along the lines of semi-finished goods than raw materials… supply chain nerd?). Anyways, the dinner was quick, it was easy, it was extremely filling, and it was Dahlicious. May not have been my absolute lowest calorie lowest carb option, but let’s be honest it wasn't that kind of night.

What I Had:
1 bag of baby spinach
1 yellow onion
1 orange bell pepper
Firm tofu
TJ’s arugula & parmesan raviolis
TJ’s Vodka Sauce



The veggies got a good chop and a long sautee, with just a bit of pepper – not salt (I figured there would be enough in the sauce). While they were browning I used a separate pan to give the tofu a little browning. I could have done it in the same sauté pan as the veggies, but when I do this I usually find that it has more of a steaming effect on the tofu (probably a tiny but healthier) but I like the slight crispiness I get on the tofu by cooking it in just a bit of hot oil – also added a bit of pepper to the tofu.


Once those ingredients were all appropriately browned, I mixed them together, and added a bit of the sauce. As I let that simmer I alternated adding handfuls of spinach until it wilted into the pot, with pours of the room temperature sauce so that everything kept at a nice light simmer.

As soon as everything was added (the alternating spinach and sauce only took but a few minutes) I let it rest on low for about 20 minutes. Not necessary, I just always like letting things sit a while, more flavor development – I think anyways!

I popped the raviolis in boiling water for 3-4 minutes, strained them and tossed the whole lot into the tofu veggie sauce that was still lightly simmering. I let everything toss and meld for a few minutes before serving







Hope everyone enjoys this super easy and super Dahlicious Semi Joe Made meal!


No comments:

Post a Comment