Friday, May 1, 2015

Shrimp & Tofu faux Fried Rice

Shrimp & Tofu faux Fried Rice...I like to say that I am totally okay eating glop. Meaning I actually do not mind all of my food being all smooshed together. I know there are lots of people with serious aversions to this.. so if you are one of those folks, shield your eyes from the below image.

This was one of those, end of the week, throw it all together meals. On hand I had:

  • Dozen and a half shrimp
  • Half a block of firm tofu
  • About 2-3 cups each of cooked quinoa & raw cauli rice
  • 2-3 cups Trader Joe's Soyaki left in the bottle
  • 1 bag of Trader Joe's shredded Brussels sprouts
  • Edamame
I started by sauteing my Brussels in a bit of oil and 2 cloves minced garlic. While cooking I lightly fried up my tofu and gently cooked the shrimp until pink on both sides. Once the proteins were ready, I added them to the brussels saute and poured in my soyaki and let it get nice and hot and tasty! 

Lastly I added in the cauli rice and the quinoa to the simmering pot. I debated on serving it over these two or adding them in, but ultimately I got lazy and added them in. Hence the glop, with a sprinkle of edamame for some brightness and crunch. Luckily, roomie looked at said bowl of glop and said "This looks amazing!!!". I think I caught him at the perfect moment as the NFL draft was starting and he really wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to what was being served for dinner - but he seemed to wolf it down just fine!


No comments:

Post a Comment