Thursday, April 18, 2013

Grilled Tofu w/ Fresh Veggies & Rice Noodles in Spicy Asian Sauce

Grilled Tofu w/ Fresh Veggies & Rice Noodles in Spicy Asian Sauce... This meal turned out literally exactly how I pictured it. I had been oddly day dreaming of this meal all day. I knew the veggies I had on hand to use up before my weekend getaway, and I had these rice noodles from TJ's that I've been dying to use. I also had some tofu and I was craving a repeat of that spicy/minty Asian sauce I created earlier in the week.

What I Used:
1 Carrot
1 Persian Cucumber
4 Radishes
1 block tofu
1/2 of a package of TJ's Rice Noodles (2 packages are inside the larger pack, I used half of one)
Fresh Mint leaves
1 Lime
1 Jalapeno
Sesame Oil
Low Sodium Teriyaki
Sriracha

How To:

The Veggies:
I wish I could tell you a great technique for slicing veggies into thin bits like this, but in truth I wish I had some knife skill background to know how myself! Side Note - I actually do a have a lovely gift card to use on some fun cooking classes nearby and I'm very seriously contemplating a knife skills session!

Anywho, I used 1 large carrot, 1 small Persian cucumber, 4 radishes , about 8 mind leaves and 1 jalapeno  Now I didn't actually end up eating all of the jalapeno or mint, but that's how much I chopped. For the veggies I mainly lopped off the ends then cut them long ways so that I had a flat side to rest them on, then went to town creating thin strips.



The Tofu:
So simple. I cut the block into 4 equal sized slabs and grilled them on both sides for about 5 minutes. I happen to like the taste (or lack there of) of plain tofu simply grilled, but you could definitely add some seasoning.



The Sauce & Noodles:
1/2 Cup Low Sodium Teriyaki, Juice of 1 Lime, a few drops of  sesame oil, a few drops of sriracha. Whisk.

For the noodles, per the instructions, I brought water to a boil, cooked the noodles for approximately 2 minutes, rinsed with cold water and drained. Voila.





I arranged my plate with the bright veggies, a pile of rice noodles, then added the grilled tofu. I sprinkled the top with fresh mint and jalapeno. Lastly, I covered my noodles and tofu with a liberal pour of the spicy sauce.




This meal was so Dahlicious. If you like spicy yet light Asian fare then I think this would be right up your alley. It was so fresh with lots of texture and flavor and very satisfying. Hope yall love this beautiful dish as much as I did!

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment