Friday, April 26, 2013

Tuna Tuesday - Grilled with Roasted Veggie Pasta

Tuna Tuesday - Grilled with Roasted Veggie Pasta... Tuna is a total staple for me. I make it at least once a week. I enjoy it and it's easy. Tuesday night I paired it with some steamed asparagus and a quick pasta made with veggies that needed to be used. It was a Dahlicious and well rounded meal, packed with nutrients and hearty flavor - yet still left me feeling pretty light!

On the Menu:
Simply grilled Tuna with steamed Asparagus and roasted Eggplant/Mushroom Fettuccine

The Tuna:
Marinated in olive oil, lime juice and a bit of salt and pepper, seared on each side for about 2 minutes and in the oven at 400 degrees for another 10. Served with a lime wedge.

The Roasted Veggie Pasta:
This was kind of fun and easy and I totally made it up as I went along. I had two portobello mushrooms and one small eggplant that I bought last week and never used. I figured that chopping them into small bite sized pieces and roasting them would be best. I did this for about 35 minutes at 400 degrees.

Pre roast mushrooms and eggplant

Post roast

When they were done roasting I tossed them with some pasta and a very light jarred tomato sauce leftover. It was so simple and Dahlicious and such a great way to use up some veggies that needed to be cooked.

The pasta I used was new, I found it at Mariano's in the refrigerated section. It wasn't dried pasta which gave it a very fresh texture and only took a minute to cook. It was a combination of regular and spinach fettuccine and hit the spot. It was perfect to toss with the heavier roasted veggies as the thick noodles held up well, and the light tomato sauce added an acidic tang to the smoky roasted eggplant.




I served it all with a little side of heirloom tomato and mozzarella with a bit of balsamic glaze.

Hope this inspires you to make something yummy out of the tid bits in your fridge! It also worked out that I had a perfect amount left to bring for lunch the next day...


No comments:

Post a Comment