Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Grilled Lime Chicken & Shrimp w/ Roasted Red Potatoes

Grilled Lime Chicken & Shrimp w/ Roasted Red Potatoes... Simple dinner with things I wanted to use up.

  • A dozen fresh shrimp from the market on Sunday
  • some leftover uncooked chicken tenders 
  • a bag of little red potatoes
  • a bunch of asparagus
Other things on hand:
  • lime
  • roasted garlic pepper

Seriously Simple Folks.

I marinated the Chicken in lime, olive oil, and the garlic pepper for about 45 minutes and the shrimp in the same mixture for about 20 minutes. I simply grilled them for a few minutes on each side. Done.

I cut the little potatoes in quarters then tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper and popped em in the oven at 450 for about 35 minutes. They were perfectly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. I die.

Asparagus lightly sauteed in olive oil with a little steam action at the end.


OH! And on Sunday I made a classic comfort meal for my dining partner and myself to feast on before the work week started. Roasted mild Italian pork sausages, sauteed peppers, onions, and broccolini, and a side of whole wheat spaghetti (lazily but Dahliciously, tossed in Rao's Marinara). 



Super easy, super simple, pretty healthful.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment